Buddha Bowls + Our Products = Endless Possibilities.
This recipe combines crisp veggies, buttery (but vegan!) quinoa and rich chickpeas into a hearty Mediterranean-inspired dish. Finished off with our ultra-premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and intensely flavored Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, this dish with have you saying YUM rather than OM!
For the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried, skins discarded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the quinoa:
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
For the salad:
- 2 cups mixed greens, we love arugula for this dish
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted olives (kalamata or another of your favorites)
- 1/2 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- Drizzle of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Drizzle of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar to taste
To roast the chickpeas:
1. Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
2. In a small bowl, combine chickpeas with Olive Wood Smoked Oil, basil, garlic powder, along with salt and pepper to taste. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the chickpeas and rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
To make the quinoa:
1. Meanwhile, combine quinoa and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave for 4 minutes on high.
2. Remove from microwave, stir, and heat again for 2 minutes longer. Drizzle in the Butter Olive Oil, stir and let stand 1 minute in the microwave.
To assemble the bowl:
1. Layer greens in the bottom of a bowl or on a platter.
2. Arrange the grape tomato halves, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, and quinoa in sections around the bowl.
3. Spoon the hummus in the middle of the bowl.
4. To finish the dish drizzle with a bit of your favorite extra virgin olive oil and the Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar.