- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour or King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher sea salt
- ½ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pumpkin Spice White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ¾ cups vegan dark chocolate chunks (or ships)
- 1 Tablespoon flaky sea salt
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and kosher salt and mix, making sure to get rid of any flour lumps.
In a sperate large bowl, whisk together the Butter Olive Oil, maple syrup, Pumpkin White Balsamic, molasses, vanilla and coconut sugar until fully combined. Once everything is incorporated the mixtures should be smooth with no lumps.
To the bowl with the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients and the chocolate. Then gently mix with a spatula to combine just until there are no visible flour.
Let the mixture rest for at least 30 minutes. During that time, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Once the oven is preheated and the cookie dough is rested, you are ready to separate the dough into cookies. With a Tablespoon or scoop pick up a heaping tablespoon of dough and put on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, spacing about 2 inches apart. Before baking, sprinkle a little pinch of flaky sea salt over each cookie.
Bake the cookies for about 13 minutes until they have slightly spread and have small cracks forming around the edges. The cookies will still look a bit underdone and gooey, but they will firm up as they cool! After removing from the oven let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Once the cookies are cool enough to eat – dive in and enjoy!