Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
Warm, spicy, ever so cheesy, and savory!! This cornbread is delicious by itself or accompanied by a steamy bowl of soup.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sharp grated Cheddar, 2 ounces reserved
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, +2 tablespoons reserved
- 2 tablespoons (1 small pepper) seeded & finely diced fresh Anaheim pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the flour, cornmeal, honey, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Fused Olive Oil. With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix in the grated cheddar, scallions, and Anaheim pepper.
Grease a 9 by 9" inch baking pan with Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Fused Olive Oil. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the reserved grated cheddar and extra chopped scallions. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.