Olive Oil Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 cups all-purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 1/3 Grind Spice Co Spiced Chai Sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 packages rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 + 2 TBSP Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix the water, sugar, butter olive oil, salt, and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread butter olive oil all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over "buttered" dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and or raisins, if desired. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Coat the bottom of baking pan with 1/3 cup butter olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 brown sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.