Baklouti Green Chili Latke Waffles
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (preferably organic) washed and scrubbed clean
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil for greasing the waffle iron
Heat oven to 350. Lightly oil a large baking sheet and set aside.
Coarsely grate the potatoes by hand or on the disc of a food processor, transferring to a large bowl of cold water as grated. Soak potatoes 1 to 2 minutes after last batch is added to water, then drain well in a colander. Spread grated potatoes and onion on a kitchen towel and roll up jelly-roll style. Twist towel tightly to wring out as much liquid as possible. Transfer potato mixture to a bowl and stir in eggs, Baklouti Green Chili Pepper infused olive oil, salt, pepper, baking powder, and flour. Heat your waffle iron to high heat. Once hot, coat with Baklouti Green Chili Pepper infused olive oil. Heap some latke mixture on top and spread it into an even layer. Cook until deep golden brown and then transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm.
Makes around 8 waffles