Instant Pot® Lemon Chicken
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Eureka Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves smashed
- 1.2 cup of ripe green olives
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 cup of artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot. Put 1 tbsp of Lemon Infused Olive Oil into the pot. When monitor reads HOT, place 2-3 chicken thighs skin-side down with several lemon slives for 5 minutes, then flip and brown the other side for 5 minutes. Repeat until all chicken is seared, adding more Lemon Infused Olive Oil as needed to keep the pot well greased.
- While chicken is searing, prepare the garlic, drain the olives.
- After both sides of all the chicken has been browned, remove all chicken from Instapot. Add the chicken broth and Garlic Infused Olive Oil, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove the little cooked bits.
- Put the chicken back into the pot, add the garlic, olives, onion, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, thyme and red pepper. Put the lid on top, make sure the vent is on sealing. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, with a natural release for 10 minutes. Release the steam by switching to “venting”. Remove lid and put chicken in an oven safe pan, broil for 5 minutes to crisp the skins.
- Drain off all the liquid from the pot, and serve chicken with all the remaining contents.
Shop the story