Mushroom Grilled Cheese
- 1tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 1tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4cup white wine or broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil White Truffle Oil
- 1cup fontina or gruyere, shredded
- 1/4cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 4slices bread
Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute. Add the cremini mushrooms and sauté until they start to caramelized and turn golden brown, about 10 -15 minutes. Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2- 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.Add the parsley and white truffle oil, then remove from heat and let cool a bit.
Mix the cheese into the mushrooms. Add Butter Infused Olive Oil one side of each slice of bread and place 2 in the pan oiled side down. Top each with 1/2 of the mushroom mixture and finally the remaining slices of bread with the oiled side up.
Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown, about 2- 4minutes per side.