White Peach + Ricotta Pesto Flatbread Pizza with Raspberry Dark Balsamic
Homemade crust, fresh white peaches, creamy ricotta and Pesto Infused Olive Oil come together beautifully and are topped with crisp arugula and Dark Raspberry Balsamic in this summer pesto flatbread pizza. With a crispy thin crust, slice it up however you like for appetizers, lunch or dinner. It makes the perfect small bite taste explosion that everyone is sure to devour!
Flat Bread Dough Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups of unbleached flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 Tbsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pesto Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 fresh white peach
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Dark Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- To make the flat bread dough, mix together the Pesto Olive Oil, warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for five minutes to bloom. Blend salt with flour and mix with wet ingredients to form a somewhat moist dough.
- Knead dough for about five minutes, adding just a bit of flour if it becomes too sticky, until a smooth dough forms. Divide into two balls and set aside covered in a warm place to rise until doubled, for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice pears and radish. Shred cheese and cut prosciutto. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- To assemble, roll each flat dough ball in to a very thin circle, approximately 8" in diameter. Place the rolled dough on to a sheet pan or pizza pan either greased with olive oil, lined with parchment, or dusted with cornmeal.
- Mix the ricotta an basil pesto together and spread over top of crust. Then place sliced peaches on top. Scatter dollops of mozzarella cheese and drizzle remaining Pesto Olive Oil on top. Slide the flat bread in to the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to caramelize and the crust is golden brown and slightly puffed. Rotate the flat bread half way through the cooking process to ensure that each cooks evenly.
- Once pizzas are removed from oven, sprinkle the flatbread with baby arugula and drizzle Raspberry Dark Balsamic over the top and enjoy your culinary masterpiece!
Serves approximately 4-6