Grilled Pear + Prosciutto Flatbread Pizza with Black Currant Balsamic Drizzle
Tired of the same old veggies on pizza dinner? Want to try something a little different, and very culinary? We've got the flatbread pizza for you! This is definitely a I-don’t-think-I-need-to-go-out-for-flatbread-ever-again kinda recipe. It has it all: sweet pears, spicy radish, smooth manchego, tart goat cheese, salty proscutto, nutritionally dense arugula... all on top of a crisp homemade crust with a sweet/tangy balsamic drizzle.
Flat Bread Dough Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups of unbleached flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Ripe Bosc Pear
1 cup Manchego cheese
1 package prosciutto
2-ish cups arugula
1/2 cup crumbled Chèvre goat cheese
- Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Currant Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- To make the flat bread dough, mix together the Herbs de Provence, warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for five minutes to bloom. Blend salt with flour and mix with wet ingredients to form a somewhat moist dough.
- Knead dough for about five minutes, adding just a bit of flour if it becomes too sticky, until a smooth dough forms. Divide into two balls and set aside covered in a warm place to rise until doubled, for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice pears and radish. Shred cheese and cut prosciutto. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- To assemble, roll each flat dough ball in to a very thin circle, approximately 8" in diameter. Place the rolled dough on to a sheet pan or pizza pan either greased with olive oil, lined with parchment, or dusted with cornmeal.
- Arrange the pears, radishes and prosciutto evenly over both pieces of dough. Sprinkle each with equal portions of the cheeses, add another drizzle of Herbs de Provence Olive Oil, and add more fresh ground pepper if desired. Slide the flat bread in to the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to caramelize and the crust is golden brown and slightly puffed. Rotate the flat bread half way through the cooking process to ensure that each cooks evenly.
- Once pizzas are removed from oven, sprinkle the flatbread with baby arugula and drizzle Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar over the top and enjoy your culinary masterpiece!
Serves approximately 4-6