Roasted Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
- 8 medium red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Garlic Infused Olive Oil. Other suggestions are: Chipotle infused Olive Oil, Milanese Gremolata Infused Olive Oil, Baklouti Green Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil, Harissa Infused Olive Oil, or Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar (optional) or any other melting cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Set each potato in to a large spoon and make thin slices along the length of the potato, using the spoon as a guide so as not to cut all the way through the potato.
Pour the olive oil in to a large bowl or container. Toss the potatoes liberally in the olive oil, making sure to get it in between the slices. Arrange the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, making sure to season in between the slices.
Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown. If desired, remove the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 15-20minutes until fully tender and golden brown.
Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with fresh chives for garnish, and serve with sour cream.