Truffle Au Gratin Potatoes
This delicious French classic, using our Black Truffle Oil, makes a simple dish into something gourmet that you might order at a fancy restaurant. Is super tasty with chicken, beef and pork.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour
- 4 tsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Grind Spice Co Bacon Salt
- ½ tsp Grind Spice Co Colorado Garlic Pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 4 Tbsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Truffle Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole with two tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
- Using a chef’s knife, mandolin, or vegetable slicer, slice unpeeled
potatoes into ¼-inch slices. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt remaining two tablespoons
of butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, seasoning, Bacon Salt and Colorado Garlic Pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk. Return to heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in the greased casserole dish. Drizzle
with 2 tablespoons of Black Truffle Oil. Pour half of the sauce on potatoes and spread evenly. Layer with one cup of shredded cheese. Arrange a second layer of potatoes on top and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of Black Truffle Oil.
- Top with remaining sauce and spread evenly.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then bake uncovered for an additional
30 minutes. Remove from oven and layer with remaining one cup of
shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes – or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Shop the story