Olive Oil Shortbread Cookies
This easy sugar cookie recipe, using our Butter Infused Olive Oil, is simple and straightforward. You cream the fat with the sugar, add one egg and gently mix the flour. Since it’s made with half olive oil and half butter it will get creamy without much effort, so you don't need to whisk it a ton. Like a traditional shortbread cookie, these are meant to be crispy and crumbly, rather than soft.
- 1/2 cup Grind Spice Co Raspberry Sugar + extra fro sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups gluten free 1 to 1 all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 10oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of milk
Mix the flour and baking powder with the olive oil and butter mixture, just until everything is combined.
Let the dough rest, line your pan with baking paper, and preheat your oven to 350°F.
Make the cookies, using extra flour to roll out the dough and cut shapes in it until all the dough is used. They should be about 1/8" thick.
Transfer cookies to the pan, leaving some space between them. Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Melt the entire bag of dark chocolate chips in a fondu pot or in a sauce pan on a stove pot on low. slowly stir in the milk. Dip each cookie to desired depth in chocolate sauce and sprinkle Raspberry Sugar on top while the chocolate is still warm.
- Let cool, until chocolate hardens and watch them disappear!