Black Cherry Balsamic Cured Beef Jerkey
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into very thin strips across the grain
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos for a gluten-free option
- 3 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Cherry Balsamic
- 2 Tablespoons natural liquid smoke
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili flakes (optional)
Place beef strips in the bottom of a large bowl and add soy sauce, balsamic, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red chili flakes (if using).
Mix to assure the meat is evenly coated and cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove meat from bowl and arrange the meat strips on the tray of a dehydrator and dry at your dehydrator's highest setting until done to your liking, at least 4 hours. Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.