Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Chicken
We love the recipe for hectic weeknights, and it makes great leftovers to add to salads for lunch the next day!
- 4- 4-ounce chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar or Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pomegranate Quince Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Rosemary Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Grind Spice Co Zapp Spice Blend
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Cut away any extra large, long pieces of chicken skin or fat hanging from the thighs.
- Combine the Pomegranate Balsamic, Rosemary Fused Olive Oil, rosemary and Zapp in a small bowl and mix well. Baste mixture on skin side of of the chicken liberally. Keep excess mixture for later.
- Preheat a gas grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn one side off and leave the primary burner (and any secondary burners) on medium-high. Using tongs and folded paper towels dipped in any one of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils, grease the grate over the side that was turned off.
- Place the chicken pieces on the cool side of the grill, skin side down. Cover the grill and cook until chicken begins to brown, about 35-40 minutes. Move the chicken closer to the hot side of the grill in a single line, if possible. Flip the chicken and baste again with extra mixture. Continue to grill, turning and basting every 5 minutes until the chicken becomes crusted, about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the burners down to medium-low (or low if needed to prevent burning) and move the chicken to the hot side of the grill. Baste again and cook, turning frequently, for about 10-15 minutes more or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees. Discard any remaining sauce not used when basting.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry, then put in an oven safe baking dish.
- Combine the Pomegranate Balsamic, Rosemary Fused Olive Oil, rosemary and Zapp in a small bowl and mix well. Brush mixture on top of the chicken liberally. Save remaining mixture for re-baste.
- Bake the chicken skin side down for 30 minutes, then flip chicken over, baste again with mixture and cook for another 30 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Discard any remaining sauce not used when basting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Shop the story