Chocolate Orange Waffles
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins per waffle (approx)
TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make these gluten-free.
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbs. Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Mandarin Orange Infused Olive Oil or Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 6 - 10 whole strawberries
- 1.4 cup of chocolate sauce
Preheat the waffle iron. Mix together to dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and add to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until no spots of dry ingredients are visible.
Use batter immediately in a greased, preheated waffle iron. Usually takes approx. 5 mins per waffle, depending on your iron.
Use a beater to beat heavy whipping cream until it turns into whipped cream.
Cut up strawberries into slices.
Serve waffles warm with a dollop of whipped cream topped with sliced strawberries and chocolate sauce.