Grilled Wild Salmon & Asparagus in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 pound fresh wild salmon fillets
- 1 bunch of thin, tender asparagus, woody stems discarded,
- 6 artichoke hearts quartered
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crisp, dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Wild Anithos Dill Infused Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill and/or flat leaf parsley to garnish
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Rub the salmon and toss the asparagus spears with a mixture of 2 tablespoon of dill olive oil whisked with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season amply both the salmon and asparagus liberally with salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill until just cooked, being careful to err on the side of under-cooking both the salmon and asparagus. The most important thing here is to sear the salmon and asparagus on the exterior.
In a saute pan, heat two tablespoon Wild Anithos Dill Infused Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the sliced shallots and cook until tender. Add the garlic and saute for another minute being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the wine and lemon juice. Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the cream, artichoke hearts and remaining Wild Anithos Dill Infused Olive Oil. Stir until the mixture simmers and thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, put asparagus sprigs on the plate, then a piece of salmon. Pour the cream sauce over the salmon and asparagus and garnish with fresh dill.