Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Bread Pudding
It’s brunch time, baby!
The addition of Black Cherry and Vanilla Balsamic Vinegars add extra flavor to this easy bread pudding, and give it extra decadent-dessert vibes. We also skipped melting butter by using our Butter Infused Olive Oil, an easy alternative when baking. Try mixing up the ingredients the night before and throw in the oven in the morning to save time.
This recipe can also be mixed up to fit any occasion! For a citrus extravaganza, swap out the Butter Olive Oil for Mani Orange, and the balsamics to Orange-Vanilla and serve alongside mimosas. Make savory by skipping the chocolate chips and using sourdough bread,Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil, and Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Or go for maximum chocolate flavor by using chocolate bread, chocolate balsamic end extra chocolate chips!
- 6 slices of your favorite day old cinnamon swirl bread
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of Grind Spice Co Cherry Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Cherry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream for topping (if desired)
- Grease an 8inch square baking pan.
- Break the bread into small pieces and add to the baking pan, then drizzle the Butter Olive Oil evenly over the bread. Sprinkle to mix with chocolate chips and chopped cherries.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, both sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, Black Cherry Balsamic, Vanilla Balsamic and salt. Beat mixture with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and lightly push down the bread with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the liquid.
- Let the bread pudding sit for at least 30 minutes up to overnight. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Pull out of the oven and served warm topped with whipped cream.