Mandarin Orange Olive Oil Pancakes
Fresh pancakes hot of the griddle are impossible to beat, especially when made with our intense Mandarin Orange Olive Oil. And today we are skipping out on super sugary syrup and instead drizzling these fluffy pancakes with balsamic vinegar and blueberry sugar! That’s right - our dark balsamic vinegars make excellent substitutes for syrup; rich and sweet without being high-calorie. Balsamics also add a little bit of tartness and acidity which balances out the sweetness of the rest of the dish.
For this pancake recipe we went with the classic flavor of Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar, but we also love using Dark Chocolate, Blueberry, and even Lavender for drizzling on pancakes and waffles. For an even bigger Mother’s Day spread, whip up our Truffled Soft Scrambled Eggs and a Neapolitan Herb Bloody Mary.
Enjoy, indulge and happy Mother’s Day!
1. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together. To the mixture, add egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of the Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Mandarin Orange Olive Oil. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Mandarin Olive Oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat.
3. Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown.
4. Flip the pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side. Transfer the pancake to a plate and put in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed.
5. To serve, drizzle the pancakes with our Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar and garnish with berries.