Spicy Mani Orange and Lemongrass Chicken
Citrus & summer lovers unite! This dish includes a zesty lemongrass chili rub, fresh orange juice and a crunchy cucumber/Shitake/shallot topping. Perfect for nights you want to be warm and spicy.
3 Mani, Valencia or Sumo oranges 4 teaspoons sugar, divided 10oz Shitake mushrooms 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt 3/4 teaspoon red chile flakes 4 small, boned chicken breast halves with skin (2 1/4 lbs. total) 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Lemongrass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoonRocky Mountain Olive Oil Mani Orange Infused Olive Oil 4 large shallots, thinly sliced crosswise 2 tablespoon lime juice 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce 1/2 cucumber 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- Zest 1 orange and set oranges aside. In a food processor, whirl zest, Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tbsp of Mani Orange Infused Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp. sugar, the salt, and chili flakes until very finely minced, scraping inside of container several times. In a medium sized bowl, pour mixture over chicken and rub into it. Refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook shallots and Shitake mushrooms in remaining Mani Orange Infused Olive Oil (1/3 cup), stirring often, until golden brown. Set remaining oil aside.
- While shallots cook, cut peel (including all white pith on outside of fruit) from the 2 remaining unzested oranges, following curve of fruit. Working over a bowl, cut between inner membranes to free segments. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl. Tip juice into a measuring cup; if needed, squeeze zested oranges to make about 4 tbsp. juice. Return juice to segments; set aside. Preheat oven to 450°.
- Use remaining Mani Orange Infused Olive Oil in pan and brown chicken, skin side down, 4 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and turn chicken over.
- Take browned chicken and roast in the oven until no longer pink in center (cut to test), 12 to 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lime juice, fish sauce, 1 tbsp remaining Lemongrass Mint White Balsamic and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. sugar to oranges. Slice cucumber into 1/4-in. rounds. Cut slices in half, then into small triangles.
- Set chicken on plates. With a slotted spoon, lift oranges in bowl from dressing and arrange over chicken. Scatter cucumber, half of shallots mushrooms, and the cilantro on top and pour dressing
These left overs work great for protein on top of salads, too. You can mix the Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Vinegar and Mani Orange Infused Olive Oil together to make the dressing and - VOILA! - you have a delish lunch the next day.
Shop the story