Zesty Blackberry-Ginger Pie
- 1 ¼ cups all-purposeflour, sifted or King Arthur Gluten-free Measure for Measure Flour
- Pinch ofsalt
- 8Tablespoons of chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup icewater, plus more as needed
- ½ cup whitesugar
- ½ cup brownsugar
- 2 1/3 Tablespoonscorn starch
- 2 TablespoonsRockyMountain Olive Oil Blackberry Ginger Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 ½ cups freshblackberries
- Zest of onelime
- 1 cup old-fashionedoats
- 1 cupchopped walnuts
- ½ cupsall-purpose flour or King Arthur Gluten-free Measure for Measure Flour
- ½ cups brownsugar
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 6 Tablespoonsbutter, chilled and cut into small pieces
Sift flourinto a large bowl, add the salt and whisk together to combine.
Add in the cubesof butter into the bowl, tossing to coat in the flour. With a dough cutter ortwo butter knives, cut in the butter until it is the size of walnut halves and wellincorporated throughout the flour.
Make a wellin the center of the flour butter mix and add in a few tablespoons of water.Mix the water into a dough just until the dough comes together, addingadditional water if needed.
Once thedough comes together, form into a disk, wrap the dough in plastic and chill forat least 1 hour.
In anotherlarge bowl, add the blackberries, sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamicvinegar, and lime zest and mix to combine. Be sure the blackberries are wellcoated.
In a differentbowl, combine the oats, walnuts, flour, brown sugar, salt and butter and mixwell to combine, using your fingers to rub the butter into the mix, creatingclumps.
Preheat theoven to 400 F.
Roll out thedough onto a floured surface and transfer into a 9” pie pan. Trim any overhangand crimp the edges. Spoon in the blackberry filling and sprinkle the crumbleon top.
Bake the piefor 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is bubbling and topping is brown and crisp.Let cool at least 1 hour before serving.