Asiago & White Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- 6 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 stick (8oz.) unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon Rocky Mountain Olive Oil White Truffle Oil
- 1 cup grated Asiago Cheese
- Grind Spice Co Colorado Garlic Pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Finely minced, fresh chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
Dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan add the salt, and cover with hot water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are tender throughout when poked with a fork.
Heat the half-and-half, butter and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream-butter mixture, grated Asiago, truffle oil, garlic pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.