Classic Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you're looking for delicious Mediterranean Diet desserts, these Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies are for you. Perfect for dessert after dinner, or an afternoon pick-me-up snack with coffee, they have a perfect crunch, just the right amount of chocolate, a hint of vanilla and a whole lotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 1 cup any Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon, plus extra for garnish, salt
- 1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour. We like Bob's Redmill Gluten Free 1 for 1 Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
I N S T R U C T I O N S :
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vanilla, both sugars and the 1 teaspoon of salt, to a large mixing bowl. Mix until you have a smooth consistency.
3. Now mix in the egg. Blend until it's completely smooth again.
4. Add the flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix just until it's fully incorporated and you don't see any dry spots of flour.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Use your hands to shape the batter into balls, about 2 tablespoons each. (Your hands will be greasy from the olive oil, but I find for this recipe, hands are best.)
6. Add the shaped balls of dough to the parchment-lined baking sheets as you go. They should have at least 2-inches between them, about a dozen per sheet. Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten the balls of batter, only about halfway.
7. Lightly sprinkle each one with salt.
8. Place the baking sheets in the preheated 350°F oven until the cookies are golden brown along the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to come to room temperature.