Garlic Olive Oil Stuffing
One word of advice in making stuffing for any occasion: make it from scratch. There just is no comparison between homemade and pre-made stuffing. This recipe, using our Garlic Olive Oil and fresh herbs is rich, buttery and herbaceous. Everything you want in a hearty bread stuffing.
- 10 cups white bakery bread or a mix of white/whole wheat or gluten-free bread cubes toasted in the oven at 275F or left to dry overnight
- 6 cups chopped celery, onions, and leek sauteed with Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Garlic Infused Olive Oil sea salt until softened but slightly crunchy
- ½ cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp sage, dried (or less)
- 1 tbsp rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh
- 2 ½ cups turkey, chicken, or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Grind Spice Co Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Mix the dried or toasted bread cubes with sautéed vegetables and Garlic Olive Oil.
- Stir in herbs and mix in the broth. There should be a pool of liquid at the bottom of the bowl. Otherwise, add ½ to 1 cup more.
- Add Applewood Sea Salt and Garlic Olive Oil to suit your taste and mix well.
- Bake at 375F in a lightly greased 9 X 13 rectangular glass baking pan, tightly covered (or use aluminum foil), for about half an hour.
- Bake another 20 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and crisp on top.