Goat Cheese & Arugula Roasted Beet Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh beets
- 1/3 cup arugula blossoms (optional)
- 8 oz. chevre (fresh goat cheese)
- 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Mountain Olive Oil A-Premium White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Rocky. Mountain Olive Oil Picual Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Chiquitita Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Flavosa Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Trim the beets and wrap in one foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water. Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife. Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel them by rubbing the skin off between paper towels. Warning: This will dye your hands bright red so you may want to use gloves or extra paper towels.
Cut the peeled beets into 1" pieces and toss with 2 tablespoons of A-Premium White Balsamic Vinegar whisked together with 2 tablespoons of Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, whisk the remaining white balsamic with the grainy mustard until well combined. Slowly drizzle in your olive oil of choice, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified. Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the white balsamic vinaigrette. Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with the crumbled fresh goat cheese, toasted pecans, and arugula blossoms (if using).
Serves 6-8 generous portions.