Ingredients for Lemon Cake:
- 1 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon Italian Volcano Organic Lemon Juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup cream cheese softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian Volcano Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, eggs, whole milk and lemon juice. Cream for 2 minutes. In large bowl, add sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into egg mixture and fold. Spray two 9-inch pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place batter into baking pans. Bake for 33-36 minutes. Cool.
To make frosting:
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl often. Add powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and cream together. Chill.
- Remove cakes from pans, set on top of one another and frost. Garnish with mint leaves.