Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri is a sauce/marinade blend of many herbs popular in South American and Mexican cuisine. It's one of our favorite condiments! This recipe adds avocado for extra creaminess making it a great dipping sauce.
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro packed
- 1/2 cup parsley packed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pinot Noir Vinegar or Red Barrel Aged Wine Vinegar
- juice of 2 limes (approx. 1/4 cup)
- juice of 2 lemons (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Cilantro & Roasted Onion Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes (more or less depending on desired heat level)
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water to thin to desired consistency if needed. If you are sensitive to the flavor of citrus start with the juice of one lime and lemon before adding the rest.
- Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Use this sauce as a dip for veggies, to top potatoes or steak, or to add extra flavor to rice and other grains.
Shop the story