Balsamic BBQ Sauce
So you're at a friends house and they're barbecuing. They pull out a jar of something off the shelf and use it to baste their ribs. You laugh and they ask you what's funny. You say "nothing," knowing you have the best barbecue recipe in the world. You then have them over the next week for some REAL barbecue and everyone remarks about your amazing barbecue skills. Laugh now, but this could be you with this amazing recipe. Your family and friends won't know what hit 'em!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar, Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar or Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce make sure it's gluten free if desired
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil or Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons Grind Spice Co Creole Seasoning
Heat the olive oil of your choice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, Worcestershire, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, Creole Seasoning and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month. This is great on everything - chicken, ribs, burgers, shoes. You can literally put it on anything, and I encourage you to do so.
Makes approximately 3 cups