Balsamic Roasted Carrots with Harissa Ketchup
Harissa brings the heat and Pineapple brings tropical flavor! We’ve been enjoying mixing these two intense flavors to add some spice and brightness to weeknight side dishes.Carrots make a great healthy alternative to French fries, and when dipped into sweet-spicyHarissa ketchup you’ll be wondering where this dish has been all your life.
Makes 4 servings
For the carrots:
- 16 oz of baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Ketchup:
- ½ of your favorite ketchup
- 1 teaspoon RockyMountain Olive Oil Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Preheat your oven to 425degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a bowl, add the HarissaOlive Oil, Pineapple Balsamic, Salt and Pepper and whisk to combine. Then add the carrots to the bowl and toss until the carrots are coated in the marinade.
3. Pour the carrots on to the baking sheet and bake until tender – about 35 – 40 mins, turning halfway.
4. While the carrots are baking make your ketchup.
5. Add the ketchup to a bowl, along with the teaspoon of Harissa Olive Oil and honey. With a spoon or whisk stir until everything is incorporated. Taste and adjust to match your spice level (adding more honey and ketchup will tone down the heat level if needed).
6. Once the carrots are done, take out of the oven, toss and serve warm with the ketchup.