Cilantro and Onion Braised Vegetables
Experience the vibrant flavors of spring with this delightful vegetable medley, enhanced by the zesty notes of our Cilantro and Onion Infused Olive Oil. Tender carrots, broccoli, baby potatoes, and fennel are gently sautéed in the fragrant olive oil, allowing their natural sweetness to shine through. Spring onions and crisp asparagus are added towards the end, preserving their fresh crunch and bright green color. Finished with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh herbs like dill or thyme, this dish bursts with flavor and vitality. Versatile and customizable, experiment with different spring vegetables and olive oil varieties to create your own unique combinations. Perfect as a side dish or a light, refreshing meal on its own. Enjoy the essence of spring with every bite!
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 1/2 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Cilantro and Onion Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 lb broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 lb baby potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 small spring onions, trimmed
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into segments
- 1 lemon, deseeded and cut into small wedges
- fresh dill or thyme
I N S T R U C T I O N S :
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add your long-cooking vegetables to the pan (carrots, potatoes, and fennel), along with the salt, and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add the onions and broccoli, then cover and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Avoid overcooking, you want the vegetables to maintain some crispness. A minute or two before you think the carrots and potatoes are cooked, add the asparagus and a few of the lemon wedges to the pan. Cook just until asparagus brightens, and is barely tender. Remove from heat and sprinkle with herbs (dill or thyme). Serve with the remaining lemon wedges to the side.
- This recipe can easily be changed up by using different spring vegetables, and can be given various flavors based on the olive oil you use - try Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil, Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil or Butter Infused Olive Oil, too!