Coconut Lime Rice Salad
YIELDS: 4 - 6
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
- sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread the coconut and almonds on a single layer of a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 4 mins, stirring after the first 2. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Set aside to cool, and once cooled, toss with the lime zest and set aside.
In a small jar or bowl, combine the lime juice, shallot, vinegar, and olive oil, as well as a pinch of sea salt. Shake or whisk to combine. Pour the vinaigrette over the rice and fold gently to combine. Add the coconut/almond mixture and fold into the rice. Sever warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Shop the story