Lemon Blueberry Tea Cake with Whole Grains
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour. Use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free.
- 2 cups ground whole grain corn meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- fresh grated zest from one lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease or line muffin cups or miniature loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients and lemon zest. In three separate additions, add the went ingredients to the dry, scraping down the bowl. Gently fold in the berries.
Fill the muffin cups or loaf pans half way with batter. Bake in the center of oven for 20-25 minutes until a tester inserted in to the middle comes out clean.
Makes 18 standard size muffins or one dozen muffins and one large or two miniature loaf pans.
Shop the story