Pineapple Harissa Grilled Shrimp with Coconut Lime Rice
Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar & Harissa Infused Olive Oil is your grill’s new best friend, especially when you’re grilling shrimp!
Done in less than 45 minutes, try this next time you’re chillin’ and grillin’ in the backyard….
For the Rice:
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Persian Lime Fused Olive Oil
- 2 pinches of sea salt
For the Shrimp:
- 1/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar (divided)
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped and divided into two portions
- Juice of two limes, (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 raw large shrimp (prawns) peeled and deveined
- Skewers for cooking the shrimp
- Marinate the shrimp. In a medium bowl, combine the Harissa Infused Olive Oil, Pineapple White Balsamic, garlic, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, salt, pepper and the juice of one lime in a medium bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. While the shrimp marinates, you can work on the rice.
- On the stove-top, pour the rice into a medium saucepan add 2 cups water. Bring the pot to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer, and cover the pot. Keeping the pot covered tightly the entire time, simmering for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Once the rice has absorbed all the liquid, turn off the heat, and allow rice to rest, covered, for at least 5 minutes. Scrape the rice into a large serving bowl and fluff gently with a fork.
- In a small jar combine the lime zest, lime juice (about 1 tablespoon total), minced shallot, Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar, Persian Lime Olive Oil, and a big pinch of sea salt. Fasten the lid on the jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the rice and fold gently with a rice paddle or rubber spatula to combine and set aside.
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge and heat the grill (or pan) you’ll be using. Thread three shrimp onto each skewer, leaving 1/4 inch of space between each shrimp. Grill the shrimp directly over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, basting each side with the marinade once per minute.
- Once the shrimp is done, add to the bowl with the rice and garnish with the remaining cilantro. If desired pour additional Harissa Oil and Pineapple Balsamic on top for extra flavor.