Roasted Pepper & Tuscan Herb Tomato Soup
- 2 - 28 oz. cans tomato puree
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled and chopped, or one jar of roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed, dried, & torn, reserving 6 small sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Romano Cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In a medium (5+ quart) heavy stock pot, heat one tablespoon of Tuscan Herb infused olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the white wine and reduce by half.
Add the stock, roasted peppers, tomato puree, basil leaves, and oregano to the pot. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the hot soup until smooth and creamy in consistency. Add the heavy cream and Romano Cheese and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve individual bowls of soup drizzled with approximately one teaspoon of Tuscan Herb infused olive oil and a sprig of basil. Serve immediately.