- 3 cups ofunbleached all-purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons ofinstant yeast or active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoonssalt
- 1/3 cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Mandarin Orange Infused Olive Oil
- ¾ cup waterplus a bit more as needed
- 2Tablespoons fresh rosemary, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 2Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon RockyMountain Olive Oil Zesty Italian Seasoning
In a foodprocessor, add the flour, yeast and salt. Turn on the machine and stream in theolive oil and then ¾ cup of water. Once the water is added, keep the foodprocessor on for about 30 more seconds, until the mixture foams a ball and isslightly sticky to the touch. If after 30 seconds the dough has not formed aball, add more water 1 Tablespoon at a time until dough ball is formed.
Turn thedough onto a floured work surface. Sprinkle the rosemary on top and knead itinto the dough by hand until feels smooth.
Place thedough in a large bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
When thedough has risen, “knock it down” by punching out the air and reshaping it intoa round ball. Line a separate bowl with a floured kitchen towel and place thedough ball into it, seam side up. Cover and let rise for another 1 to 2 hoursuntil puffy.
When yourdough is almost fully risen, preheat your oven to 435 degrees F. Place a castiron skillet or other ovenproof skillet on the lowest rack of the oven (you’llbe adding water to this later for steam). Place your backing stone or parchmentlined baking sheet on the rack above the skillet to preheat.
When thedough is puffy, heat up a cup of water (for the steam). Turn out the dough, dustthe top lightly with flour and add a slash to the top to give it room to risein the oven.
Slide theloaf onto the baking stone and then very carefully pour one cup of the hotwater into the skillet and close the oven door immediately. This method willcreate lots of steam to support the rise and chewy crust of the bread.
Bake the breadfor 45 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown and bottom sounds hollow whentapped. Cool the bread on a cooling rack completely before enjoying.
For anincredible snack, mix Herbes de Provence Olive Oil, Cranberry Pear Balsamic,and our Zesty Italian Seasoning in a shallow bowl and whisk to combine. Slicethe bread into thick slices, pull into chunks and dip into the vinaigrette.