Tuscan Herb Cannellini Beans
YIELDS 6 to 8 servings
15 min Prep TIme
1 hr, 45 min Cook Time
2 hr Total Time
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 1 small bunch tuscan kale (cavolo nero) chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
In a medium Dutch oven, combine the beans, sage, garlic, 2 tablespoons of Tuscan Herb olive oil and 6 cups water (bottled preferred). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 1 hour 20 minutes, stirring occasionally; the beans should be just tender all the way through.
Add the kale, salt and red pepper flakes to the beans and stir to combine. Cover the pan and simmer until the kale is wilted and tender, an additional 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining cup olive oil and the cheese to finish. Enjoy!