Elotes (Mexican Street Corn)
One of our favorite grilled goodies this summer is Elotes, also known as Mexican Street Corn. Sweet ears of corn are grilled with our Chipotle Infused Olive Oil until they're lightly charred, then slathered with creamy lime topping, spices and cotija cheese. Make it for friends and family and watch. Them. SMILE!
- 6 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup of Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Grind Spice Co Chipotle Salt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 oz cotija cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonanaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Grind Spice Co Fajita Spice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
1. Preheat grill over high heat to about 425 degrees.
2. Pull back the husk of the corn and remove the silk then tie the husk back or remove completely
3. Place corn on a well oiled/cleaned grill and brush each piece of corn with Chipotle Infused Olive Oil, then sprinkle Chipotle Salt.
4. Cook corn with the grill cover closed for 10 - 12 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes to char each side. Transfer grilled corn to a plate.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine chopped cilantro, 1/2 cup cotija cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and Fajita Spice.
6. Brush the cheese mixture on each side of the corn.
7. Sprinkle corn with the remaining cotija cheese and a little extra Fajita Spice, if desired.