Huli Huli Baked Chicken
YIELDS: 6 - 8 Servings
PREP TIME: 2 Hrs
COOK TIME: 50 Mins
TOTAL TIME: 2 Hrs 50 Mins
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce. We recommend Bragg Liquid Aminos.
- 1/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil A-Premimum Light Balsamic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 1-2 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Toasted Sesame Specialty Oil
- 1-2 pieces ginger root, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
- scallions for garnish
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks, wings, or cut up whole chicken
Combine all the ingredients above except the scallions in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Reserve a few tablespoons of marinade. Pour over the chicken and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or prepare a grill for indirect cooking. To bake, line a large sheet pan with foil and top with a wire rack. Bake chicken until cooked through and skin is crispy about 45-50 minutes. About 20 minutes through the process, turn the chicken pieces so that they crisp up evenly. Brush with additional reserved sauce as they come out of the oven and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
Serve with rice, grain or starch of your choice.