Lemon Olive Oil & Almond Biscotti
- 1/2 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or use King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, beat together the olive oil, eggs, sugar and almond extract until well blended. Combine flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When the cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.