Melon & Prosciutto Salad with Peach-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into ½ inch cubes(or balled into 1” cubes using a melon baller)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 ½ cups arugula, washed and dried (a salad spinner is our best friend for this)
- 1 cup of roasted, flaked almonds
- More salt and pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine the shallot, mustard, salt, pepper and Peach White Balsamic and whisk to combine.Then, while continuing to whisk the mix, add in the Lemon Olive Oil is a slow stream until the mixture is completely combined. Add in the chopped basil and whisk once more to combine. Set the vinaigrette aside while you prepare the salad.
In a large mixing bowl, add the melon, sliced red onion, prosciutto, arugula and almonds. Drizzle on ½ cup of the vinaigrette and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad gently until all ingredients are well incorporated. Add additional vinaigrette if needed to ensure that all the ingredients are well coated.
Serve the salad immediately. If you need to make ahead of time, prep vinaigrette and ingredients and combine just before serving.