Vanilla Almond Granola
This easy to make homemade vanilla almond granola is so good, you'll never want to buy granola again! It's healthier than store bought stuff, and you can add your favorite ingredients such as almonds and coconut and adjust the sweetness to your taste. Great for a yogurt topping for breakfast, grab handfuls for a snack or even top a dessert crisp. It's simple to make and easy to make gluten-free.
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 4 cups rolled oats (look for steel cut for gluten-free option)
- 1 cup sliced almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Roasted Almond Oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
I N S T R U C T I O N S :
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, combine brown sugar, Almond Oil and honey. Cook over medium heat until boiling the let boil for 30 seconds whisking constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour honey-almond oil over oat mixture.
- Toss with spoon then, when slightly cooler, use your hands to make sure it covers the mixture well.
- Pour onto cookie sheets sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake and enjoy!