Tea Rose Olive Oil Cake
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 55 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 5 MINS
- 1/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Tea Rose Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch round baking pan. Flour the pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the olive oil and sugar on medium speed until well combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Run the mixer on low until just moistened. Add the heavy cream and beat for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out cleanly.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on top of a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before using a knife to gently loosen the edges and remove from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy.
Shop the story