4th of July Staple: Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups small blue/purple potatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- ¼ cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Olive Wood Smoked Infused Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Prep potatoes and veggies. If your potatoes vary in size just be sure to cut all of them into uniform pieces.
2. Place cut up fingerling potatoes and red potatoes in a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes. Place the cut up purple/blue potatoes in a separate saucepan and fill with enough water to cover (they have a tendency for the color to bleed, so we suggest cooking them separately from the other potatoes). Bring both pots to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer until tender. The red and fingerling potatoes should take about 15 minutes, and the blue/purple potatoes should take about 10.
3. Once the potatoes are done, drain and cool slightly, and add all of them into a large bowl.
4. To the large bowl, add the onion, parsley, dill, chives, and eggs, then toss gently to combine.
5. In a separate small bowl, add in thePinot Noir Wine Vinegar, Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil, salt, Dijon mustard, black pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine into a dressing.
6. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and toss gently to combine. Serve warm, at room temp or chilled.