Blood Orange Banana Bread with Vanilla Balsamic
- 2Tablespoons RockyMountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cupsall-purpose flour or King Arthur Gluten-free Measure for Measure Flour
- ½ cup packedbrown sugar
- ¼ cup whitesugar
- 2 ½ teaspoonsbaking powder
- ½ teaspoonkosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup RockyMountain Olive Oil Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 2 ½ teaspoonsvanilla extract
- ½ cup minichocolate chips
- ½ cupchopped pecans or walnuts
- RockyMountain Olive Oil Vanilla Dark Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
Preheat theoven to 350 degrees.
Pour 2Tablespoons of the olive oil into a 9-inch loaf pan. Then, with a square ofpaper towel, generously rub the oil onto the bottom and sides of the loaf panso it is well greased.
In a largebowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder andsalt. Set the mixture aside.
In a separatesmall bowl, whisk together the mashed ripe bananas, eggs, olive oil and vanillaextract.
Add the wetingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Gently foldin the chocolate chips and chopped nuts and then transfer the batter into thegreased baking pan.
Bake thebread for 45 minutes, then loosely tent it with foil and continue baking it anadditional 10 to 15 minutes until a toothpick or fork comes out clean wheninserted. Tenting with foil will make sure that the bread is cooked completelythrough while ensuring the crust doesn’t get too tough.
Remove the bananabread from the oven and set it aside to cool completely. To serve, add agenerous amount of butter (or olive oil!) to your slice and drizzle withVanilla Balsamic for extra sweetness.