Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/2cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Butter Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 116oz can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 cups all purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour to make this gluten-free
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Beat sugar and olive oil in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin. Sift flour, spices, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts, if desired.
Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50-70 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
Note: to take this to the next level, drizzle pumpkin bread with Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar