Steak with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
Strawberries might not be the first thing you think about when you think of a nice steak dinner pairing, but just trust us on this one. The tart strawberries, fresh basil and our Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar mixed with the tender, juicy, robustness of a good steak is a real treat. A great way to add a little extra song and dance to your steak dinner. P.S. grab a fresh cut avocado, and sour cream and use the leftovers for tacos the next day!
- 1/2 lb top round or flank steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 - 10 strawberries, tops removed and roughly diced
- 3 tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 large basil leaves, cut into ribbons
For the Steak:
Season steak generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar to coat, and let the steak marinate for about 15 minutes on each side.
When ready, cook on an oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
For the Salsa:
In a small mixing bowl, combine the diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, basil chiffonade, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Serve with steak cut into strips and topped with salsa.
Prep Time 5 Min
Cook Time 10 Min
Total Time 15 Min