Chocolate Blueberry Balsamic Pots de Créme
"What is the ultimate chocolate dessert?”, you might have thought at some point in your life. We know our answer without hesitation is Chocolate Pots de Crème. For chocolate richness, this dessert is unrivaled. A classic French favorite since the 17th century, a love affair with chocolate is incomplete without a rendezvous with Pots de Créme.
Traditionally made with chocolate or as a vanilla custard, our recipe uses extra virgin olive oil and our Blueberry Dark Balsamic for a delicious twist. It can be prepared in one larger bowl with servings scooped out, or in individual servings. Perfect for sharing!
- 12 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Grind Spice Co Vanilla Bean Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Blueberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of any Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we typically use an Arbosana or Barnea
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- Whipped cream (bonus points for homemade!)
- Whisk the chocolate and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a blender and place aside.
- Whisk the milk, heavy cream, egg yolks, Vanilla Bean Sugar and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly as it cooks with a spatula until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spatula and almost begins to boil (about 6 minutes).
- Pour the mixture directly over the chocolate and oil in the blender, add the Blueberry Balsamic and blend it all until combined and smooth, stopping every so often to scrape the sides as needed. Divide the chocolate into ramekins or small bowls or cups and refrigerate until set (about 2 hours).
- Add whipped cream and blueberries on top, if desired and enjoy!