Lemon Elderflower Cake
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of low fat milk or your favorite dairy substitute
- 3/4 cup of RockyMountain Olive Oil Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of RockyMountain Olive Oil Elderflower White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup of powdered sugar – for dusting (if desired)
Preheatoven to 350 degrees F.
Sift allof your dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
In a smallbowl, add in the milk lemon olive oil, elderflower balsamic and lemon zest andwhisk to combine.
In a separatelarge bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the sugar, egg white, and eggs.On medium speed, mix sugar and eggs until fluffy.
Then graduallyadd the milk-balsamic-lemon mixture to the sugar and eggs – a third at a time,mixing the batter until just combined and stopping between each addition to scrapedown the sides of the bowl.
Nowyou are ready to combine both the dry and wet ingredients. Add in a third ofthe dry ingredients to the wet mix at a time, gently folding in until justcombined and stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding inmore dry ingredients.
Oncethe cake batter is fully mixed, add to your greased and lined cake tins and bakefor 35 – 40 minutes until golden brown.
Onceyour cake is cooled, you can remove it from the pan and dust with powderedsugar before serving.