Neapolitan Herb Tomato Crostini
A simple recipe to whip up as an appetizer for entertaining. The tomato notes of the Picual enhance the fresh flavors of the tomato topping. This would also work great in a wrap or pita for a picnic lunch.
- 7 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Picual Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided (plus extra for crostini)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 cups cherry/grape tomatoes, assorted varieties
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Neapolotan Herb Infused Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, slivered (plus extra for serving)
- 2 baguettes, sliced diagonally (1/2” thickness) choose gluten free baguettes to make this gluten free
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Neapolitan Herb Tomatoes:
Combine shallots, garlic, and Neapolitan Herb balsamic vinegar in medium bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in 1/3 cup Picual EVOO. Gently stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Be cautious with salt as the feta mixture is salty as well. Stir in fresh basil. The topping can be made one hour in advance.
Combine feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fit with the steel blade. Pulse until blended. Add 1/3 cup of Picual EVOO and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly brush each side of crostini with Picual EVOO and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Toast bread for 3-4 minutes per side until slightly crisp.
Right before serving, generously spread whipped feta mixture on each crostini. Use a slotted spoon to scoop tomato topping over each portion. Place on a wooden cutting board or tray for serving and sprinkle with slivered basil leaves and pine nuts.