Smoky Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Salad
Our take on caprese salad with a smoky BBQ twist! This simple salad features fresh summer tomatoes and basil, seasoned with Grind Spice Co. Applewood Smoked Sea Salt.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, plus more for garnishing (if desired)
- 1 ½ cups fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Grind Spice Co. Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Wash the tomatoes and basil. Finely shop the basil and set aside. Slice the tomatoes in half. Cut each of the mozzarella balls in half.In a large bowl, add the tomatoes and mozzarella to a bowl. In a separate small bowl, add the basil, olive oil and balsamic and whisk to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes and mozzarella and gently toss to coat. Add in the salt and pepper, mix, and taste to ensure seasoning is to your liking. Before serving, sprinkle with more basil if desired.