Mushroom & Sage Vegetable Soup
15 min Prep Time
50 mins Cook Time
1 hr, 5 min Total Time
- ½ cup Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Wild Mushroom and Sage Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cups baby spinach or 2/3 cup thawed frozen spinach
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups water of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups (1 1/2 lbs) unpeeled baking potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, carrots, and spinach and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, 25-30 mins.
Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Cover and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and reduce heat slightly.Partially cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 – 15 mins.
Shop the story